Assisting those who provide
a safe platform for American diplomacy
Established in 1995, the Diplomatic Security Foundation (DSF) provides timely financial support and charitable contributions to members, and their immediate family, of the US Department of State's Bureau of Diplomatic Security and colleagues in the law enforcement and US foreign affairs community.
DSF GOLF OUTING - 2017
2017 DSF Scholarship Application period open
The application for the 11th Annual award is now available . The award is for graduating HS seniors (2017). Student must be related to DS employee. Deadline for submission is May 1, 2017. Award will be made late July 2017. Please visit our scholarship page for more info.
2016 BOARD ELECTION - congratulations
We're pleased to announce the newest members to the DSF Board of Directors:
- Doug Allison, retired DS Special Agent, serving as Secretary of the DSF Board
- Jeff Bozworth, retired DS Special Agent, serving as Member-At-Large DSF Board
- Jason Santiago, current DS Special Agent, serving as Member-At-Large DSF Board
And our sincerest thanks to our outgoing board members who have been instrumental in the success of the foundation.
- Mike Beckner, served as VP and later Member-At-Large
- Kevin Flanagan, served as Member-At-Large
- Kim Gallant, served as Member-At-Large and later Secretary
DSS Global Race for Charity
Wow! Thanks to all the DSS teams, all over the world who are supporting DSF. We've received over $7,000 in proceeds from races. Thank you!! Visit our DSS Global Race page for more info and be sure to check out the newest photos from the latest races (thanks Team DS PA, Team Tallin, Team New Delhi and Team Valletta!). Send us your photos from your races and we'll add them to our Facebook page and website.
Most Recent Grants
- $9,640 to the families of forty-three local guards from the Kabul Embassy Security Force who were killed during a Taliban attack (Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device) on Camp Sullivan (a US State Dept facility), outside of Kabul, Afghanistan, on 1/4/16. Each family will receive the equivalent of one month’s salary.
- $3,000 ($1,500/each) to two Local Guards at US Embassy Skopje, Macedonia, to assist with repairs to their homes which were severely damaged during flash floods that swept through Skopje in August.
- $2,000 for the family of Security Specialist at US Consulate Kolkata, India who died recently from an extended illness.
A list of all grants may be viewed here: GRANTS
AmazonSmile: Shop & Support DSF
Did you know that Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchases to DSF? Shop via AmazonSmile. Get started here: Amazon Smile and choose DSF as your charity of choice. Last year, we received $491 from Amazon!
Greenhouse Grill Tip Jar
The Greenhouse Grill at DSTC generously "hosts" the DSF tip jar. Last year was a banner year - $1,113 in changes was donated to DSF via the tip jar. Since its first appearance back in 2009, the tip jar has generated $5,780 for DSF. Thanks to everyone who donates their change. And a HUGE thank you to The Greenhouse Grill for supporting us!